Amen Corner – Round Amen Corner (LP Deram – DML 1021, 1968).
Genre: Pop / Rock, Soul.
Producer – Noel Walker
Amen Corner was a great pop rock band from Cardiff, Wales, formed in 1966 by vocalist Andy Fairweather-Low, organist Blue Weaver, guitarist Neil Jones, bassist Clive Taylor, saxophonists Allen Jones and Mike Smith and drummer Dennis Bryon. Produced by Noel Walker, managed to sign contract with the label was given. The group showed up with the first of his six successes, the single “Gin House Blues” which reached the 12th place of the British charts in 1967. Summer “(If Paradise Is) Half as Nice” was his biggest success It reached number one in the UK in early 1969.
With the emotional ballad “The World of Broken Hearts” made it to No. 26. They reached the 3rd place in 1968 in the UK, with its version pop / soul “Bend Me, Shape Me” or “High In The Sky” ( number 6), a successful American group the American Breed.
Also had another top 10 with “Hello Susie” that reached the position # 4 in the tables of successes in 1969.
They recorded the album ” Round Amen Corner ” (1968), an album that reached number 26 in the UK album charts.
Sometime later left several members of the band, including Fairweather-Low who started his successful solo career.
They separated at the end of 1969.
Tracks / Tracklist:
A1 Bend Me, Shape Me (Weiss, English)
A2 Judge Rumpel Crassila (Amen Corner)
A3 Love Me Tender (Presley, Matson)
A4 Our Love ( is In The Pocket (Clinton, Jackson, McCoy)
A5 Something You’ve Got (Keen, Shaw)
A6 I Am An Angel (But I Can’t Fly) (Amen Corner)
B1 Expressway To Your Heart (Gamble, Huff)
B2 Good Times (Vanda, Young)
B3a Let The Good Times Roll (Lee)
B3b Feel So Good (Lee)
B4 Can’t Get Used To Losing You (Pomus, Shuman)
B5 Lost And Found (Keen, Shaw)
B6 Gin House (Henderson, Troy)
B7a I Don’t Want To Discuss It (Beatty, Cooper, Shelby)
B7B Amen (arrangements by Bong)
Arrangements by Amen Corner.
– Andy Fairweather Low (nascido Andrew Fairweather Low, 2 de Agosto de 1948, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed, South Wales) – vocalista;
– Neil Jones (March 25, 1949, Llanbradach, South Wales) – lead guitar;
– Allan Jones (February 6, 1947, Swansea, Glamorgan, South Wales) – baritone saxophone, voice;
– Blue Weaver (Derek John Weaver, March 11, 1947, Cardiff, Glamorgan, South Wales) – keyboards (Hammond organ) and voice;
– Mike Smith (Michael Joseph Smith, 4 de Novembro de 1947, Neath, South Wales) – saxofone tenor;
– Clive Taylor (April 27, 1948, Cardiff) – bass and vocals;
– Dennis Bryon (Dennis Ronald Bryon, 14 de Abril de 1949, Cardiff) – bateria e voz.